Translate

Saturday, 1 August 2015

Brusho Poppies

I saw a card on Pinterest recently using Bister crystal pigments and thought I might try something for the Make My Monday Flower challenge. So I ordered some of the equivalent in the UK. Then I saw Suzi B (DT) had a similar idea. This is my first time in using Brushos so please excuse my poor effort.





 It is a very simple card using a Sheena Douglas stamp on watercolour paper and backed with red card. I softened the edges with Broken China distress ink. Not sure about the butterfly but it needed something.
I still have a lot to learn but these paints are so dynamic I'm going to have some fun working with them.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous effect with the brusho's. Works perfectly with the poppies and the Butterly is just the finishing touch. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous first attempt with Brushos, fabulous colours, love it. Thank you for joining us at MMM
    Suzi B DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Barbara Ann. I just want to let you know that we chose this beautiful card as one of our Top Picks in the Flowers challenge at Make My Monday. We will be back from our summer break on Monday , so I hope you will join in our new challenge (there’s a sneak peek of the theme on the sidebar). Marina DT. http://mmmchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.